One of our clients, RedSeal, offers a cybersecurity tool for increasing the digital resilience of networks. Two of their senior sales and marketing leaders, Kimberly Baker, Senior Vice President and GM, Public Sector, and Lauren Stauffer, Director Federal Partners and Marketing, were featured in Modern Marketing Today in an article called, Different Tactics, Same Goals: Building a Collaborative Relationship Between Sales and Marketing
Baker noted that a good working relationship between the two teams is not a function of size. Rather, it is a matter of a shared commitment to a single goal.
“Without a strong branding message that resonates with the marketplace, there isn’t much for sales to work with,” noted Baker.
“Marketing warms up the prospect base and then flows the prospect into the sales pipeline. These two parts are connected by a shared strategic plan and understanding of the outcome.”
Since we started working with RedSeal three plus years ago, the company has almost doubled their public sector revenue and have been selected as a Red Herring Top 100 Global company and Deloitte Technology Fast 500. Kimberly was also named a "FedScoop Top Women in Tech."
Let me know if you want to learn more about the program.
Here are a few articles that caught my eye over the past month or so:
- 20 expert predictions: Here’s what successful marketers will do in 2019, Marketing Land
- So what can Apple do next?, Om Malik
- Welcome to Voldemorting, the Ultimate SEO Dis, Wired
- It’s Not What You Know, It’s How You Think, Zat Rana
- From Alibaba to Zynga: 40 Of The Best VC Bets Of All Time And What We Can Learn From Them, CB Insights