The relationship between sales and marketing is fraught with distrust and misunderstanding. Sales people are reluctant to share any information about their sales activity and funnel, while marketers are blindly messaging market segments without direct feedback from sales teams and their prospects.
This situation may be changing.
The deployment of powerful cloud based tools to sales teams, like Salesforce, and to marketing teams, like Hubspot, have allowed companies to break down these silos and foster trust and communication.
The opportunity now is to build a transparent data-based funnel from lead to close to referral and track how, where and when your sales and marketing dollars are working...and not.
Want to learn more about how Honeycomb works with our clients to build this kind of sales and marketing infrastructure? Email me to learn more.
What caught my eye in the past month?
- How to Write Engaging B2B Headlines: Analysis of 10 Million Articles Shared on LinkedIn, BuzzSumo
- How to Write Marketing Blogs Your Clients Will Actually Read, Jeff Bullas
- 5 Psychological Principles of High Converting Websites, KissMetrics
- B2B marketing budget planning tips, FierceCMO
- Learning to Learn: You, Too, Can Rewire Your Brain, The New York Times