But how can you not know about GovLoop?
OK, so in the interest of spreading the good news about social media and the public sector contracting business, here is a list of top social media and news sites that you should know about...
(this isn't a comprehensive list-- please leave a comment if you feel I've left something important out...)
- GovLoop - the Facebook for government, GovLoop has 30,000+ people registered there
- GovTwit - is a large repository (3,000+) of twitterers in federal, state and local government and the contracting community
- FedScoup - an aggregation for must read government business blogs, news sites and social media streams
- MeriTalk- smaller than GovLoop, MeriTalk positions itself as the social network for government IT people
- FutureFed - learn about Microsoft's solutions and ideas for a more efficient and effective public sector
- Brightside of Government - Microsoft's social media platform for state and local government executives and the unique issues they face
- Gov2Social - a repository of social media implementations, case studies and" how-to's" across all levels and functions of government
- Google Public Sector- thoughts from Google's government group
- IBM Center for the Business of Government - collection of white papers on the issues facing governments today
- FOSE - the ur-trade show for government IT
- FCW and GCN- two magazines from the 1105 Government Business Network that cover the technology policy and management community and government IT specialists respectively
- Governing is a online magazine that focuses on the issues most important to government leaders and employees
- Washington Technology- also from 1105, this magazine focuses on the contracting community, especially technology providers and partners
- Federal News Radio (AM1500) is a local DC radio station that covers a myriad of issues pertinent to the government employees and contractors. Also available over the Internet...
- Dorobek Insider- one of FNR's hosts is Chris Dorobek who also puts out an informative email newsletter and website
- GovExec- focused on the needs and interests of government employees
What an incredible resource. Thanks for putting these all together. I have never heard of a few of these.
Great post Jeff! I need to check some of these out.
If you are open to having a guest blog poster please reply and let me know. I will provide you with unique content for your blog, thanks.
Post a Comment