Here is an excellent list of things to do, from NevilleHobson.com:
Of the many blog posts published by communicators and pundits with opinions, one of the best I’ve seen comes from Forrester analyst Jeremiah Owyang and lessons learned:
- Always test your campaign with a small segment first
- Always have staff on hand to be prepared to respond during the weekend
- Don’t launch a campaign right before the weekend unless you’re prepared to respond
- The participants have the power, so participate
- For better or for worse, more influencers are talking about Motrin than ever before
I’d add one in the middle:
- Ask yourself: what is our plan of action if a viral effect develops around our brand/product/service, especially out of our normal business hours?
But it’s the last two of Jeremiah’s bullet points that are especially important.
Post a Comment